Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Breakfast Pizza

I make scrambled eggs almost every morning. Heidi Sage loves eggs and toast, and Clinton has taken a liking to scrambled egg sandwiches. I, on the other hand, needed a fresh take.

This was my take on a Breakfast Pizza.

Preheat the oven to 400. I started with 1 clove of garlic, which I put through a press and let sit in about 2 T. extra light tasting olive oil. While that meddled together, I cut up a few grape tomatoes and about 1/2 of a green onion.

I then took my whole wheat pita and spooned a little of the garlic and oil on, just enough to cover most of the surface minus a 1/2" border, I didn't use all the garlic. I topped it with about 1/4 c. shredded Italian style cheese.

I then got started on my scrambled eggs, while two children screamed at me from their seats that they were hungry. Sorry, I'm trying to hurry!

I put my cheese covered pita in the oven and let it cook until the cheese melted. Once it came out, I topped it with my eggs, tomatoes, green onions, and some crushed red pepper.




It was delish. And a nice little mix up in the breakfast line-up.

No comments: